If you’re planning on shipping us skis please send us an email to inform us of this. If you prefer, we can make the arrangements for the shipping both ways.
- Clean your skis well (top, base and side walls). As best you can, make your
skislook like new.
- I will charge $10 to clean skis that I am going to stone grind OR install skins.
- Put a piece of masking tape on each ski well above the bindings. Write your name and grind on the masking tape.
- Tape the skis together using masking tape or elastic bands. Please do not use ski ties or duct tape. Duct tape leaves a residue that can only be removed using a cleaner.
- Using light pressure, squeeze the skis together (clamp) and wrap the bindings using
stretchwrap. This step is optional but well worth doing.
- Tape the skis together into groups of 2 or 3. Fiberglass tape works best for this.
- Use bubble wrap or the equivalent (underlayment for laminate flooring) to protect the tips and tails of the skis.
- In order of preference with regards to ski protection, you can send you skis in plastic ski box, cardboard box or in
skibag. If you send skis in skibag, you would be well advised to wrap the entire length of the skis in bubble wrap or the equivalent. I have an account with Purolator and a very good rapport with them. If possible, send your skis using Purolator.